Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Best Cereal EVER!

Banana Nut Cheerios. You're welcome.

I suppose I should elaborate a bit more.

When I first heard the words above (without seeing the picture on the box), I thought, “Ew, it’s probably just regular Cheerios (which are always good) with pieces of dried bananas and maybe some nuts mixed in.” I was very wrong. It’s more like Honey Nut Cheerios, except with Banana. Real bananas are used (based on the delicious banana-y taste and also it says so on the box) and are integrated into the delicious little o’s.

It tastes like really yummy banana nut bread, particularly if you have it with milk.

If you don’t or can’t drink real milk, it’s also good with almond milk, but I have to admit, the former is significantly more delicious than the latter. I don’t know if the real milk brings out more of the banana and nut flavors, or if the slightly almondy taste of the almond milk, (which is normally something I like about almond milk) is over-powering or obscuring some of the banana-y and nutty flavors. I haven’t tried it with soymilk, so anti-lactose people might still be in luck. Oh, also, like other forms of Cheerios, it’s rather tasty with no milk as well, though the dry form is definitely not as delicious as it is with milk.

I’m not much of a cereal person in general, but I truly believe that Banana Nut Cheerios is the best cereal I’ve ever had in my life.

Oh yeah, it’s also probably healthy for you, what with the whole grains and such. But who cares, it’s ridiculously delicious! I’m lying, I do care about the healthiness too, but in this case, that’s really just an added bonus, because even if it weren’t healthy, it would still be worth every delicious bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment