Search This Blog

Friday, October 23, 2009

Best Ice Cream EVER!

Ok, maybe it’s just one of the best ice creams ever, but it’s definitely on the short list.

Which ice cream do I speak of you ask? Edy’s Slow Churned Red White and No More Blues (Limited Edition). It’s spectacular. I only discovered the gustatory joy of this incredibly delicious flavor recently, but apparently it’s been available all summer (which explains the patriotic nature of it).

I always thought there should be blueberry ice cream, and now there is. It far exceeds any expectations I might have had. I’m glad I caused this to come into existence (hehe). I wouldn’t have even thought of the delicious addition of strawberries to the blueberry ice cream I envisioned.

Its beautiful and patriotic swirls of delicious real (I’m assuming because it definitely tastes real) blueberries and strawberries intertwined throughout the deliciously rich and creamy, yet not-too-fattening slow churned vanilla ice cream. The enchanting flavors and smells explode like beautiful 4th of July fireworks. The smell of the blueberries and strawberries is intoxicating, and the berries burst with intense deliciousness, perfectly complimenting the incredible vanilla flavor. Edy’s Slow Churned vanilla is seriously the only vanilla ice cream (other than Carvel) that I truly enjoy, because it has a rich vanilla flavor that I don’t believe I’ve ever tasted elsewhere.

I’m certainly not an ice cream connoisseur, and I’m not even much of an ice cream person in general (I prefer chocolate and to a lesser extent cookies, but I certainly don’t hate other tasty confections). But this ice cream is truly spectacular, and it is one of the best flavors of Edy’s Slow Churned that I have tasted (and I’ve tasted many of their appetizing flavors). That says a lot, since Edy’s Slow Churned might just be the best (or definitely one of the best) forms of ice cream in existence. Its texture is far superior to most (or maybe all) other forms of ice cream. To top it off, it’s less fattening than most ice creams. Edy’s states that their Slow Churned Rich and Creamy Light Ice Creams lave less fat and fewer calories than regular ice cream, but that it tastes as good. I very much disagree – it tastes significantly better and has vastly better texture than regular ice cream.

I hope that Red White and No More Blues becomes so popular, and its yumminess becomes so well-known, that the “Limited Edition” portion of its name evaporates. I really hope Edy’s adds this to its more permanent collection of flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment